To promote the health and well being of African refugee and immigrant women and their families in the Twin City area through research, education, advocacy and programming.
Health and well being as it pertains to African refugee and immigrant women and girls includes the following factors:
- Connected to a social support network versus experiencing isolation
- Affirmation for who they are and what they believe
- Opportunities to build skills, expand options and integrate with the broader community
- Reside in communities that understand and appreciate cultural nuances
- Create an African Women’s organization that nurtures and draws strength from African refugee and immigrant women.
- Create an organization that works with the cultural experiences and values of African women in seeking solutions to their issues in a new culture.